A discussion with Mallory Taylor, Founder at AssessUrHealth
Mallory has done a lot of work to help lift the stigma on Mental Health. She is the founder of AssessUrHealth, a Tampa based company focused on developing AI to better help health care clinicians proactively identify Mental Health concerns.
You can learn more about and get in contact with Mallory on LinkedIn
This episode is a part of a 2 part series leading up to the scariest of all topics, Suicide. If this topic is close to you I would encourage you to consider listening to the next episode where I have a conversation with my Sister Maggie about her story with Surviving an Attempt at Suicide.
- Why Mallory started AssessUrHealth, a company that aims to develop AI to proactively identify individuals with Mental Health needs before they turn into emergency status
- We review how to better understand Mental illness so you can be less afraid of it
- Learning what to say, and what Not to say to someone who is suffering, avoiding common language that can cause a trigger or the feeling of being judged
- Its ok to not be happy all the time, it's actually healthy
- How to reach out to those around you, and how to respond to someone who is reaching out to you..
- Why we believe you don’t need a Medical Degree to be open and willing to share your opinion on Mental Health
- How different cultures around the world view and talk about Mental Health
- How to share the lessons you learn as you overcome your “bad days”
Mallory and her team have done a great job bringing together a list of resources for anyone looking for help..
To connect with me on this topic or any others, feel free to send me a message in any of the social links below, or join my mailing list to keep in touch on ideas, book reviews and the newest episodes from the show.